7.03.2010

Words of Wisdom from Samwise Gamgee

Because we all need some inspirational quotes to keep us going through life (me, especially), here's one of the most encouraging and inspirational quotes, I believe, ever written in literature:

"It's like in those great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were; and sometimes you didn't want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it as when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it'll shine out clearer. Those were stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances to turn back only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding onto something."

-Samwise Gamgee*

Thanks to From Elysium for reminding me of this beautiful quote. :)

* Whenever I think of Sam or the Shire, this tune starts to automatically through my head. So peaceful, reassuring, and brilliant in a way... :D

2 comments:

  1. That's an excellent quotation! Thanks for the uplifting reminder that things will ultimately be okay, whatever the current situation of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quote Nonnie, love it! Thanks for providing cheer on this summer Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete