4.14.2010

An announcement by Mr. Riordan, and recipes!

The Percy Jackson fan in me was very overyjoyed when she saw the following in her google reader:
- Rick Riordan, the author of the amazing Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, has officially announced the title for the new Camp Half-Blood series! While the cover hasn't come out yet, we do know that Book 1, will be called The Lost Hero, and it will be released on October 12! Here's a little blurb about the book that came from the official press release:

After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.



Am I excited? Yes, I think a little. Ok, not just a little... A LOT. I can't wait for this series, and I'm just so happy that we'll see a few of the old characters again. I've been so used to waiting for a release of a Percy Jackson book every Spring that now I can hardly believe there'll be none to look out for this May. :( So...yay for the announcement of the new book! I'll be waiting anxiously for Mr. Riordan to post up the cover, and the rest of the information from now on.

Speaking of Percy Jackson, Heather from the Secret Adventures of WriterGirl, posted up a recipe for Percy's Golden Ambrosia. It sounds delicious. (Maybe I'll make these for the release of the new CHB book in the fall. :D) Here's the second one she provided. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this too... I hope it's just as good as the first series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool but what I'm wondering is if they're going to make a sequel to the movie.

    Did I mention how funny the slow-motion sword fighting (swordfighting, sword-fighting?) sequences are :D. In fact the only thing that I thought was pretty much terrible about the movie was Camp Half-Blood (oh and also the script).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priya: I hope so too!

    Rishi: Umm...CHB wasn't that bad. Yeah, the swordfighting was weird, but I actually liked some parts.

    ReplyDelete