9.17.2010

In which I apologize again...

...for the severe lack of posts, but I promise a more profound posts soon! For now, I thought I would direct you all to some fun things this wonderful Friday evening until I do so. :)

First off all Scott Westerfeld showed us an amusing video today, in which he disturbs Alan Cumming's recording to talk about the audiobook of Behemoth and the Leviathan series itself in this delightful, little interview. :D

My favorite part?

[Alan C: Will there be a happy ending, Scott? :0
Scott W: (pauses) Of course, Alan.
Alan C: Yay! :D ]

I loved how they were trying to be serious in the beginning but failing miserably at it. Alan Cumming's so cool in Spy Kids. Seriously. And he made a fantastic Mr. Elton in Emma. :D Oh, did I mention that I like his glasses too? :P (I need to get my hands on a audiobook of Leviathan soon!)

On a whole different note, Leah Cypress wrote a guest post for Confessions of a Bookaholic about why the epilogue worked for Mockingjay and the whole Hunger Games series a couple days ago. I thought it was interesting to see to see what an author had to say about. Hehe, I personally thought it was perfect. (Yes, I understand that I'm in the minority about this. :P)

Speaking of the Hunger Games, a couple of freshmen and sophomores in my homeroom this year are huge fans of it! Last Wednesday, we had this hour long talk about the whole series, and what worked about it and what didn't. It made me so happy because I don't know a lot people that read the Hunger Games, so finally being able to talk about it freely was truly amazing. :D Next week, we're planning to have a full discussion for Mockingjay. Yay! I've been waiting for a chance to debate about it since forever (aka right after I finished it..). ;)

I also changed the layout for this blog. Thoughts or suggestions? I still can't decide on whether the title should be white or orange. (For some reason I'm not able to let go of the orange. Hmm.) Oh, and I'm sorry if the blog description is hard to read. (There are some weird technical issues with Blogger Draft. Argh.)

Hee hee, so as usual, I will end this post promising more profound posts. Er, hopefully, they will be profound. I have a few ideas in mind for a couple of posts but...hmmmm. Well, ciao for now. Have a nice weekend everyone. If you're a student, I hope the first few weeks of school have been going well for you! :D

7 comments:

  1. I really liked that video with Alan Cumming and Scott Westerfield. I haven't read his books, but I like watching interviews, especially since I think it would be a terribly awesome job to read audiobooks. Alan has such excellent volume in his hair! And also a very nice voice. Also, off-topic (as if the hair comment wasn't off topic), I like your quote of the week from Katniss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Sometimes watching interviews is more fun than the book or movie they're about. I love getting other people's insights on issues and learning more about them. Ha, I didn't notice the volume of Mr. Cumming's hair, but I liked the wispiness of it. And his accent. :D

    Yay! Glad you liked the quote. ( I didn't know if anyone actually paid any attention to them...) That quote from Katniss is one of my favorites in HG. I think it's true for everyone. Kind people stick with you wherever you go. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the new layout Nonie. And I already love reading your posts- you don't need to be more "profound" at all! Thanks so much for turning me onto Leviathan, I really, really enjoyed it and I have Behemoth sitting on my desk right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Priya!!! It took me forever to pick out something I liked...
    :P

    Rachel...What?!?!? YOU HAVE BEHEMOTH?!?!! OMG OMG OMG. Oh, umm...would you mind sending it to me from the UK once you're finished? *gets down on knees* Pretty please? :D Well, I guess not, but I hope you're going to review it soon! I would love to hear more about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new layout is pretty cool, better than the last in my opinion. It reminds me of a cover I saw of Homer's Odyssey.

    "Profound"
    -adjective
    1. penetrating or entering deeply into subjects of thought or knowledge; having deep insight or understanding

    I think that would be pretty mathematical

    The title "Behemoth" reminds me of Mothra from the Godzilla series because you know, behemoth means a giant thing or whatever and also has the word "moth" in it and Mothra is a giant moth. Okay I'll stop with this section of the comment.

    And the new thing in the square is a screenshot from the 1927 silent movie "Metropolis".

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I picked the layout in the first place. :D And...Behemoth sounds cooler than Mothra!

    ReplyDelete