7.14.2011

"Please excuse my mawkishness Harry but..."




Day #2

...In about 3 hours Deathly Hallows Part 2 is going to start rolling in the theater, and well, then it's going to end. It's been an emotionally draining week to be honest. I've finished rereading the books, and I just finished our HP movie rewatch. I hate being mawkish but MY CHILDHOOD IS ENDING IN 4 HOURS NOOOOOO!! it's going to be....strange, for the lack of a better word, to not be able to call up my friends about the new HP trailer or to not watch a new Rupert Grint interview on Mugglenet.

It is the last couple of hours before the movie so here are a couple of my favorite moments from the series: quotes, fanart and gif-wise. :)



"A breeze ruffled the neat hedges of Privet Drive, which lay silent and tidy under the inky sky, the very last place you would expect astonishing things to happen. Harry Potter rolled over inside his blankets without waking up. One small hand closed on the letter beside him and he slept on, not knowing he was special, not knowing he was famous, not knowing he would be woken in a few hours' time by Mrs. Dursley's scream as she opened the front door to put out the milk bottles, nor that he would spend the next few weeks being prodded and pinched by his cousin Dudley...He couldn't know that at this very moment, people meeting in secret all over the country were holding up their glasses and saying in hushed voices:
"To Harry Potter - the boy who lived!"


"But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve ft mountain troll is one of them."
- Sorcerer's Stone
What Hermione says (Order of the Phoenix film):
Photobucket

Photobucket


“Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.”
-Luna (Order of the Phoenix)
"It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
- Dumbledore (Chamber of Secrets)
"When in doubt, go to the library."
- Ron (Chamber of Secrets)
"So top grade's O for Outstanding," Hermione was saying, "and then there's A-"
"No, E," George corrected her, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations.' And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams."
- Order of the Phoenix



"Percy wouldn't notice a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing one of Dobby's hats."
- Ron (Order of the Phoenix)

(Neville by Forbis)
“We’ll all keep fighting, you know that right, Harry?”
-Neville (Deathly Hallows)

(Lily's Letter by Shyduck)
When I’m 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I’ll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, “After all this time?” And I will say, “Always.”
- Alan Rickman

‎"No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So, whether you come back page by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”
-JK Rowling
I believe that this is what I'm going to be like when I watch the movie. NOOOOOOO I AM NOT PREPARED FOR THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment