6.22.2011

And the Oscar for Best Animated Feature of 2012 goes to...


Thanks to Shanella and Pixar (on twitter) for letting me know that the first official teaser poster for Pixar's 2012 release Brave came out! It's beautiful and intense. The title design, the lighting/sun/sky behind the title design- I'm rendered speechless.


From just the teaser poster and the concept art, it looks like the film will be sort of like Pixar + How to Train Your Dragon + Braveheart + Tim Burton all put in a blender to create a perfect mix of animation + story. :D

And let's see...since this is a Pixar movie:
  • It's going to be a treat visually (If the poster can give me chills because of how stunning it looks I'm sure the movie's going to be 100 times more stunning!)
  • characters are going to pretty awesome
  • the story will probably make us tear up at least a little bit at the end (or as in the case of UP, maybe in the first 5 min)
This is definitely going to be a must see next summer! It really does look fantastic. So fantastic that I'm going to predict that this movie's going to be #5 on my best Pixar movies list! (#5 because Monster's Inc, Toy Story, Ratatouille, and the Incredibles are non-negotiable in my world).

The one thing I'm not looking forward to is the debating that starts whenever a Disney movie comes out. The debates are usually about two things: Princesses and Pixar vs. Disney. (When it comes to Disney princesses and fictional princesses in general, I agree with Meg Cabot. When it comes to the Pixar vs. Disney feud, I think that Pixar rocks and I can never NOT like classic Disney animation soo it's a draw between them for me.)

Hm, I can imagine the headlines already:

"FINALLY Because of Pixar, We Have A Princess We Can All Root For"

"Pixar's Brave Princess Braver than Disney's"

"Brave's Princess is how an animated role model should be"

"Pixar's Scottish Princess Takes the Cake For Best Animated Princess"

"Pixar Princess Beats Disney's Tangled Princesses"

...and etc.

(No, of course I'm not still sore about the Academy Award's Tangled snub...and Tangled's loss to Toy Story 3 for Best Song. Ha ha, what's makes you think that?!).

If anyone's going to see Cars 2 this weekend, have fun seeing the teaser trailer for Brave!

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Incredibles too, and Toy Story 2 and 3 = best pixar ever. Brave looks AMAZING-absolutely stunning poster :)
    P.s I have only watched UP once, because the first time I watched it, I started crying in the first three minutes (definitely some kind of record), and continued crying way, waaay, way after the film had finished, so I've not gone for a second viewing. I think one batch of hysterics is enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I can't handle UP (the beginning and for some reason, the final scene). It's happy, but it SO depressing for me. Argh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad Dreamworks isn't coming up with anything good in 2012. Pixar won't have any competition at all next year.

    ReplyDelete